Saturday, January 18, 2020

Ruin of Seffala – Gargoyles & Witherkin Tribal

Toothy Gargoyle, Molten Gargoyle, Screaming Gargoyle, Abominable Guardian
Someday I'll revisit a Gargoyle Tribal theme. Until then, this is it...
I always felt like gargoyles were more interesting than dragons, and never really got their time in the limelight. So I came up with a few gargoyles for Seffala, though as you can see these aren't quite as powerful (or rare) as I had wanted them to be. I do like the flavor of Abominable Guardian being a Witherkin tribal card, and it's a bit of a protector of Witherkin, getting reveng against those that would do them harm.

Obscured Jarren, Overgrown Nettler, Witherkin Caravan

Here are the last of the green Witherkin, with Witherkin Caravan being another Witherkin tribal payoff. Overgrown Nettler has the flavor of Mosswood taking over the creature and melding with it, though in a different way than a Parasite might. Obscured Jarren is one of my many experiments to create a "Camoflauge" mechanic that I still haven't quite figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment