Thursday, January 16, 2020

Ruin of Seffala – Blue Card Draw & White Tappers

Oh boy, here we go. Now we get to clearly see, beyond a shadow of a doubt, just how dumbly broken by first outing with a full Magic set is.

Peace Eulogist, Wish War, Profound Sleep, Stealthy Reconnaissance, Prowisher, Eager Djinn
I weep.
You can see here how ridiculously undercosted any card is that says "draw three cards" on it, even if they're rare. I do like a few of the cards though, though they should be better balanced. I like the flavor of Wishwar, being that you deny someone their wish and then you get to make a wish of your own. Also, Prowisher is kind of a combination of the words Prowess and Wish. Eager Djinn was partly intended to allow you to have the opponent draw three cards if you wanted, securing a mill win if it was at that point on the game, but of course that's such an edge case it's silly.

Battle Fatigue, Sloth-Gift Witch, Dragdown Drover, Swooping Roc
Better?
When I was making this set, I was watching a ton of The Mana Leek on Youtube (I still do), and taking far too much of his playstyle in mind when making cards. With many life gain cards, the lifegain is overpowered, since he was so 'meh' on lifegain. Likewise, he is such a fan of tappers, I included quite a few tapping spells.

I find it so interesting (and cringey) that I'm posting these old cards, and the lessons learned from this set in making my new set. My new set, as well, has many mistakes in it, so I'm learning yet more from that. Growth! I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment