Saturday, June 27, 2015

FissureVerse: 8 Cards Get Art!

I added eight more cards with art.  Thanks to jjpeabody, Gij Arentz, Andrew Chen, and Clément Galtier for letting me use their art!

First, four new Crusaders! One of each!

Returned, Turbulent, Nightcaps, Addicts
Click to enlarge!

Returned is a reference to returning from the dead.  As you can see by the flavor text, what lies beyond isn't precisely heavenly.

Turbulent is meant to be the big storm, not the plane, of course.  Then again, it's not the storm as much as it is what lies hidden within the storm.

Nightcaps has been a tough one to find art for.  Nightcaps was meant to be only half a reference to the garment, and half a reference to the fungus.  But ultimately, the term would have to be completely abstracted out and become a whole new beast.  So I found this creature, and I think it works well.  I'm also glad I'm finding more non-human characters to push the look and feel and tone of the game to a more sci-fi theme.

Addicts, I decided, would be a warrior.  I had considered the art on this card to be for Servants of the Noise, as well, but ultimately picked this because I think given the special rules and the attributes, it just fits much better.

Next, four locations! (Not one of each.)

Cremation, Haven, Waterfall, Paradise

I like the contrast between these four cards: Cremation and Paradise are lonely and haunting, while Haven and Waterfall are bright and cozy.  I think all of them capture very well exactly what I was going for, so flavor text didn't need to change any to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment