Wednesday, July 1, 2015

FissureVerse - More on Rogations, because I'm nuts.

Let's start with the card art this time:

Echoes
Click to see bigger!
I decided to put this guy by OTKMan1995 on Echoes, because... because!  Echoes, despite having great attributes, always felt like a weak card to me, perhaps because of the name.  But with this art, I feel like it's now a must-have in Solidity's deck.

Click to embiggen!
The art by TheMichaelMacRae for Battlefield looks like a movie.  The only change I made to the flavor text was an exclamation point.  You'd think in the heat of battle, you'd be shouting, not growling, eh?

Anyways: quite a few changes to the rules.  I've updated the language to keep vocabulary correct, but I've also added rules so you can gain tokens from Rogations, and you can now Bluff Conditional Rogations.  You can also call a Rogation's Bluff as a Crusade Action.  (I made it a Crusade Action because it costs Tokens to perform).

I'm sure I'm missing something in the rest of the rules, too, especially since I had to add a whole bunch of rules and clarifications which I thought were already in there.

I've also gone through and added the Faction label on all Crusaders at the bottom of each card.  This will help colorblind people easily differentiate between Factions.  I'll have to fix Locations, as well, so each colored dot somehow says something more.  I'm thinking of the Faction letters within the dots, like S for Solidity in Yellow... but I feel like that might look off.  Oof--I just realized I need to make the Special Color Text something else as well...

In the same spot as the Faction labels on Crusaders, I've added the type of Rogation to each Rogation, so now there is absolutely no guesswork as to whether a Rogation is Immediate, Lasting, or Conditional.  It also looks better than bolding the first few words of each Rogation.

Now I wonder if at some point I'll come up with different styles of Frenzies...

No comments:

Post a Comment