Friday, February 28, 2014

Dominion: Industry #6

For the final four cards, we've got.. well, basically the last four cards I've come up with.  It took a while to round out the set because I felt like I got stuck at 20.  But here we go:

Last four cards! Click to enlarge.
Dumping Grounds was my way of making the Cleanup mechanic have a potential downside.  I was tired of making ways to draw cards, so this came to mind.  This is actually the last card I thought of.  Note here that it's a card in play you must trash, so you must have used it at least once, so it's not a completely terrible card you can get rid of like a Curse.  But this is useful for late game, or perhaps when you want to get rid of your Coppers early.

Nomadic Traders mixes Cleanup with Oil again, but does it in a slightly different way, giving you a chance that you might not get that Oil Card.  I also only gave a little standard bonus so it becomes a cheap card.

Slumlord was my way of making a Cleanup Attack.  It's only useful in that regard on occasion, but combine that consolation prize for not buying anything, along with the other bonuses, and it becomes a pretty good card.  Maybe only worth $4, but I'll play with it to find out.  Since I had overdone the attacks with Dominion: After Dark, I wanted to not have too many here.  I was Attacked out, but this one is relatively simple.

Travelling Market came to me in a flash of inspiration, but it took me forever to come up with a title and picture.  I kept trying to image search "auction painting" and "flea market painting" but all I could find was paintings sold at auctions, not paintings of auctions.  Ah, well, this works.  It's an upgrade-type card, though it's also useful to other players.  Perhaps it really goes in my Goodwill set (though in that regard, I'm considering redoing it to give it a better theme).

No comments:

Post a Comment