Friday, February 14, 2014

Dev Log: Horror Text Adventure #38

Shrank a little code, but needed to give barriers a new variable to make it work.  Now it's getting a little better, so the code doesn't care as much about the exact type of barrier as it does some specific properties, when giving descriptions.  So before I basically had duplicated code about checking whether a barrier was a door or window, which so far act the same in all ways, but now instead I just check to see if the barrier is "openable".  Things might get a little messy if I don't develop a better system, but for now this one is at least better than what I had before. 15 lines is 15 lines.

Also I added a "locked" variable to doors only.  Nothing for implementation yet in terms of keys and unlocking (apart from starting an "unlocking" function in the class, which currently does not much), but baby steps.

I haven't done much over the past week, and I notice that it really feels bad when I don't do work.  It always seems like it's tough to get into the groove, but if I do, by the time I'm done for the day, I'm energized and happier.  I need to kick my butt into gear and get crankin' on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment