Thursday, September 27, 2012

Monthly Update: Monthathon #2


For the month of October, I want to give myself a project with a definite deadline; something to accomplish and complete.  So October will become my second Monthathon.  This time, however, won't be a DOOM level.

Despite it being a great theme for October.
Instead, I'm going to create a mod for the board game HeroQuest.  Why HeroQuest, you ask?  Well, besides being a game for which I have infinite affection and nostalgia for, it could also do with a little modding, since there are a few broken systems in it.

For instance, by the time players reach level 2, they are basically invincible.
So I'll be altering a few rules to correct the glaring errors, perhaps adding some new spells, weapons, treasures, monsters, and the like, and I'll finish with a small, five-level Quest Pack.

Every Tuesday and Thursday will be a post on how it's coming along, and the final Quest Pack will be downloadable in a PDF form at the end.

2 comments:

  1. I think the designers addressed the increasing power of the heroes in the expansions. They are much more difficult than the ones that came with the Game System, especially the Elf and Barbarian Quest Packs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been able to find those packs, unfortunately. The only two I have are Return of the Witch Lord and Kellar's Keep, both of which I think have the same problems as the base regarding becoming behemoths too fast. I'm still looking out for those expansions, of course!

      Delete