Monday, December 30, 2013

Dev Log: The Vortex #33 - Double DPI

After noticing that printed cards were blurry, I discovered that Inkscape's default dpi is 90, so I doubled it to 180.  The cards look much cleaner now, so I've made new PDFs of all of them.  File sizes are much larger (and PDFs take forever to open), but ultimately it's better this way to have a much higher quality card.

I also made a couple of minor changes to a couple of Frenzies.  I changed the Fountain Frenzy to be clearer; the point of that card is that the Zealot should not be able to be killed by the Sword attribute, but might still be killed by the Fire attribute.

I also changed the Secrets Frenzy, because the Zealot its attached to can still be killed by Fire, though not converted, so it's not as powerful as Fountain or Overhill, which are supposed to be similar cards.  To compensate, the Reason attribute is now only -1 instead of -3 on Secrets.  Later, I think I'll try coming up with more Frenzies to provide some more variety.


I also changed the backs a little more so there's a little bit of a border around them so you can see where you're cutting if you print them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment