Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Development Log: Horror Game Part 8

Well, not too much this week. Travelling last weekend (hence no post) plus extra hours on my volunteer project (gearing up for crunch time) means little time for this project.

So the small update today is that I coded up the 6-panel UI, just visually, that is, and started learning about how to handle a text parser. This is just in Flash, mostly because I like AS3 and I have the most recent practice with it, though I may change languages before things get too deep. Maybe.

Also, my design notes for the past week were nothing to write home about, just considering making it so a "chunk" of a level/year or a whole year at a time, generated at the beginning of the year, rather than one room at a time, mostly so that ghosts could be free-roaming.

I think that I'm also going to try out small posts like this for the month, and just see how it works out. I may end up feeling guilty and spend next month writing giant articles or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment