Friday, June 22, 2012

Development Log: The Vortex #14 - More Rogations

I forgot what my own rules were!

By the way, click for a larger image.  So you can actually read them.
When I glanced at Warcry, Bacchanalia, and Whispers, I thought they were useless cards for a moment.  For some reason in my head I thought Rogations had to be played during the action phase, rather than whenever you want.  Clearly, it's been a while since I've done any major work on this!

But now that I've reread my own rules, I like them even more.  Ever put away a short story or drawing or other creative work and then come back to it with fresh eyes?  It's like looking at it for the first time, as if someone else made it.

Which is good, because now I can read the rules and see any problems that were not evident before.  But for now I find it interesting just how different having the Rogations make the game, both thematically and mechanically.  They add quite a new dimension to the game, which should make it feel faster, riskier -- and more devious!

No comments:

Post a Comment