Sunday, August 27, 2017

FissureVerse: 14 more refreshed cards!

On a roll now...

I won't talk about every card, just ones that got more than a simple refresh or I have a concern about. The rest I'll just post here so you can see how the new version looks without comment.

Hitchhiker and Lugubrious
Click to view the cards in this post like a slideshow!
Lugubrious may be a bit tricky. I wonder how useful it would be, and perhaps it needs an extra Endurance to bring it up to snuff.

The Signpost and Bottom of the Universe

I removed the special rules from both of these Locations. Spikers for special rules are definitely the way to go. However, removing the special text from Bottom of the Universe left a bit of a problem, since there was no flavor text on it to begin with. I tried lowering the black bar on the bottom, but it didn't look right being too far down, so I opted for some flavor text instead. My original idea for Bottom of the Universe was a bar similar to the Mos Eisley cantina, but once I got this art for it, I decided to expand on that and suggest a city or perhaps a whole planet called the Bottom of the Universe. In this regard, it might be something like Grime or Plains of Filth. So I think the flavor text here helps bring that idea a little closer.

Mystics and The Unimaginable

I never noticed the flying fish of the background of the art of Mystics before! It seems to be a recurring theme with this game...

Excursion and Vista of the Infinite

The artwork for Excursion is such a beautiful wide panorama that even with all the room on the new layout, there still wasn't enough room to show the whole thing. I came up with a longer bit of flavor text just so the ratio of width to height on the area of the picture would be closer to the ratio of the art, and there's still so much I cut off of it. Well, at least it's far better than the original layout, where I could barely fit anything.

Rapture and Wanderlust

I gave Rapture the same Spiker requirement as Pestilence, since it's the same thing, but for Zealots instead of Devotees.

Slowpokes and Servants of the Infinite

For Slowpokes, I removed the part in the special rules about how you can't Frenzy it or Crusade with it. I think not being able to Reinforce with it is enough of a problem. Adding not being able to Frenzy or Crusade would just make it near impossible to play, in that no Player would ever choose it for their deck. This gives it a fighting chance to act as bit of a shield.

I messed up in a previous post when I said the title text could support “Servants of the Infinite” comfortably. Oh well, I hope the shrinking of the text here isn't too noticeable.

Lifters and Corruption

I really like that Lifters is a Red card. This card would be most useful as a Red card, and I bet any Red player would love to have this in their deck and protect it at all costs. Though, perhaps it might make Red cards become a target for conversion by Green now, rather than Red being to dumb to be converted...

No comments:

Post a Comment