Thursday, August 13, 2015

FissureVerse - Four Cards get art

Thanks to Soup-plz, Luis Angel "MetaShinryu" Payano, and Joakim Olofsson for the art!  The artist list on the sidebar is getting large and unwieldy, so I may have to find another place to put it.  I don't want to bury it very deeply, so perhaps I'll make a new tab for credits or something.

Vista of the Infinite, Forsaken
Click for bigger!
Vista of the Infinite and Forsaken look pretty opposite.  One has a lone figure, relaxing, looking up into the sky; the other has a lone figure, on guard, looking down into some terrible pit.  For Vista of the Infinite, I think I shrank the flavor text a hair, but is otherwise unchanged.  For Forsaken, I don't think I changed anything at all.  The art I used for Forsaken could have been used for Trenches of Otherworldy Sorrow, and I debated a bit with it.  I think Trenches will be harder ultimately to find a perfect match for, but this art really said 'Forsaken' to me.

Creatures, Of the Sea

In an effort to put more non-human entities on Crusader cards, I picked these two pieces.  Creatures was always meant to be... creatures... and for Of the Sea, I'd kinda played around with the idea of mermaids, but I like this better (actually, look close, there is a mermaid in it).

Neither card gets flavor text; Of the Sea has no room, and I felt that the creature in Creatures was fairly dumbstruck.  Cropped out of the picture was a woman or girl, so it had a very similar idea behind it as the art for Of the Sea.

I switched the Reason and Water stats for Of The Sea, both to keep in more in line with Blue's theme, and also, a water-based creature should be best in water, eh?

Oh, hey! Emptiness cards are half-done!

No comments:

Post a Comment