Friday, May 22, 2015

FissureVerse: Rogations

I've posted a full set of Rogations to the drive.

Besides wording issues to match the new rules, I also changed "Mercy" to "Beg Mercy", because that's more along the line of what it is.  "Mercy" would be slightly different, and I may add that in the future.  I also changed Raindance's Crusader requirement from 1 to 2, and changed Phantasmagoria from having more Crusaders than an opponent to just having one.  Whispers still requires you to have fewer cards than your opponent, but that's the only one now.

I think what I'll do with Rogations is have them require a specific amount of Crusaders, but generally not "less than" or "more than." In special instances like with Whispers, I'll give it an asterisk and put special rules on the card, like I did with Wedding.  That should clean up the rules a lot and make things are less confusing.

However, what I will add to the Rogation rules is the ability to place them facedown.  Cards that have an immediate effect (Prayer) or cards that have an effect for the rest of the round (Wedding) must be placed faceup, but cards that only have an effect later (and cards that begins with "The next time...") may be placed facedown, and then revealed when the have an effect.  I like that, but I also like to keep it so that's an option for players, not a requirement like it is with Frenzies.  So a Player might choose to lay Sermon faceup anyway, for instance.  Either way can mess with the other Players, so I think that works out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment