Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year's Resolutions 2015: Monthathons

For 2015, I'm going to attempt themed months.  Each month will focus on just one project, other than the occasional review or article or other standalone post.  Mostly, I feel like I get a lot more work done when I focus on things for a month at a time, rather than a week.

So one month might be focused on Latchkey, another might be focused on DOOM level design, etc.

For FissureVerse, things are at a crawl while I search for placeholder art and get permission from artists, so there will be no month-long sets for FissureVerse; that'll have to be restricted to updates whenever I can get to them.  I don't have the funds to pay for commissions, so the art will have to be restricted to excellent hobbyists who are happy to see their old work used.  Naturally, that's rare, so I have to get lucky in a lot of cases.  Perhaps when FissureVerse gets enough playtesting and balance to be ready for a Beta release (at least the first set), I'll consider a Kickstarter or something to replace the placeholder art with commissions, and whatever is left over would go into the next sets.  But that comes far into the future.  For now, I just want it to look good to get people playtesting it.

As far as post scheduling goes: I'm going to push myself to do twice a week posts again.  Sometimes it burns me out a bit, but, like doing month-long themes, I feel like I accomplish more with two posts a week. (Perhaps I even accomplish, dare I say, twice as much?)

So, for January, expect a month of Latchkey work.  We'll see how long I can stick to that resolution.

A cop walking through trashed Times Square on New Years, newsweek.com
Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment