Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dev Log: Horror Text Adventure #28

Doors exist slightly more properly now.  At least, any given direction with a room in that direction either has a passage or a closed door.  If it's a passage, you see what's nearby; if there's a door, it just tells you that there's a door (so we assume it's closed, basically).  Doors don't lock yet, which is good because I haven't programmed keys yet.

But the barriers are bugged.  I get no compile or runtime errors, but sometimes there's a door on one side, and an open passage on the other.  This is something I never noticed, because passages and walls were clearly defined by whether there was an adjacent room.  But now I see I messed something up, in that barriers are not between rooms and don't connect right, but rather a property of rooms.  I thought I had made them pointers, but I guess adjacent rooms don't actually point to the same barrier.  This will be a fun bug to figure out, since there are a few places it could be, and nothing is immediately obvious.  Yay logic errors!

I may have to redo the barriers from scratch and rethink the system if I can't ferret out the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment