Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Development Log: Vortex #7 - Back on Track


So I've decided to pick my card game The Vortex back up and give it a few playtests to see if it's mechanically interesting.

The main thing I'm doing now is swiping some images off the internets to act as placeholder art.  (In other words, I'm taking my own advice from an article I wrote five months ago.)

For example.
I also previously had made the various attack and defend symbols be very abstract (as can be seen from the card above), as a carryover from an old idea that didn't pan out, so I'll be replacing them with more conventional icons.

Can you tell which four correlate to the symbols on the card above?  Turns out, the octopus ain't one of them.
Once all this busywork is done, I'll be able to report further on how it goes.  But with nearly 200 unique cards, it may be a while.  Oof.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm not the only one developing a card game...

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete