Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Development Log: Vortex #6 - Hiatus


Yes, it's been a couple of months since last I spoke about Vortex.  Basically I've created nearly 200 cards, printed them on nice paper, cut them out, sleeved them... and that's it.

The problem with multiplayer games is that you need other people to play them, of course.  Since I live in a gaming dead zone at the moment, it's tough to find people that like to play card games, let alone are willing to test a new one.

I've come up with some alternate cards that I can swap in if I discover some cards are just too powerful or too weak, but I have yet to discover what those cards are because I've tested the game only a few times.  I've also come up with some rule tweaks that may simplify (or complicate) things, but I have yet to test those out, either.

While I'm still looking for testers, I can't really say I've made much progress.  Vortex was a fun game to design, but I've come up with the mechanics and I need to test the game before I can balance it, or even significantly change it if need be.

So until I can give a significant update on the testing of the game, Vortex is going to be put on hiatus, and I will work on other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment