Friday, March 14, 2014

Dominion: After Dark Part 8 - Balance & Fixes

I was never satisfied with Hideaway in Dominion: After Dark.  It was one of the last cards I created for the set and I felt like I rushed it, so I altered it a little, and then went back through and double-checked other cards while I was at it.  I made these fixes:

Just three cards fixed for now.  More to come I bet.  Click to enlarge.
Chaplain has removed the weird aspect where cards you trash must cost exactly $0.  I'm not sure why I did that initially.  At one point they had to cost more than $0, so you couldn't trash Curses or Coppers.  Then I guess I switched it to the other way, but that makes it more useless.  Now it acts more like Chapel from vanilla Dominion, where you can trash any cards, up to four of them, from your hand.  I am still unsure of the $4 price tag.  It might still be best to be $3, even though it now works better.

I took out the extra +$1 you get from Hanging Tree, so it is not guaranteed money anymore.  This way I think it's now worth the $3 I set it at.

I altered Hideaway so it is slightly more useful.  Originally, as a Reaction, you could only remove a Charm to block an Attack.  Now, if an Attack is played, you can still do that, or you can reveal Hideaway and gain a Charm (although the Attack is still carried out).

No comments:

Post a Comment