Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Development Log: Horror Game Part 2

Well, not too much today.  I've just been considering how best to split up the interface.  Considering it's a text adventure, essentially, but with extra elements to it, it might be helpful for the player if each element was separate so the player doesn't have to dig through text to find the relevant info they need.

What I'm thinking might work.
Although my quick Flash test was four boxes, I think six boxes might be necessary, or at least the most useful.  This seems to be fine, considering that the sample text I'd used in the Flash test was very small and tons more could have fit in those text boxes, which means I can cut their sizes down without issue.

The one major thing I've been considering it whether to develop a text parser, or to rely on a menu-driven system.  Of course a robust text parser would ultimately be the best, player-side, a menu would be easier for me to make.  Ah, that's the way it always is, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment