Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Development Log: Horror Game, Day 0

So I've had a bunch of projects in the shadows, dabbling with different ideas, and I think it's finally time to bring one of them to light, and work on it in earnest.

So for the next month, I'll be working on a Horror Text Adventure.  I'll post about it twice a week, whether I have something programmed, or just designed on paper.

Image of text boxes, mostly
Lots of text boxes.  Woot.
This game will have a semi-randomly generated layout that gets created as you play.  Right now I've made a sample with a room that is a church, and each time you load it, it gives random details.  I'm not going to bother posting the actual Flash file like I did with the January Engine, at least not until there is something to do. Clicking refresh really isn't much interactivity.

Like last month, I think I've got a break week, this time where I'm going hiking instead of a conference.  But last month my excuse for not doing a "monthathon" was the conference, and I don't feel like putting it off again.  So this isn't as much of a "monthathon" as it is just me focusing on one project.

So let's see if I can make something creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment