Thursday, July 28, 2011

Development Log: The Vortex #5 - Sample Cards

For clarity when reading my development logs, it's of course a much better idea to see what the cards look like than just reading the instructions.  So here you can see a variety of cards and a sample of what they do:


These four cards are Devotee cards, colored differently for each player.  Some are plain vanilla cards, like Guardians, while others have additional rules.  As I playtest, I will discover a good, terse language that is easy to understand and offers little room for confusion.

The four stats in the middle of each card are, from left to right:  Reason, Fire/Fear, Repulsion, and Attack.  All of those little symbols are Rikchiks, snagged from http://www.suberic.net/~dmm/rikchik/language/dictionary.html.  They will be eventually changed to custom art when I need to.


The Frenzy has these same stats, but modifies them.  So if the Love potion were attached to Guardians, Guardians would then have stats of 1/0/2/1 when faced against Devotees, and 1/0/6/1 against Zealots.

The only stat on the Rogation shows how many Devotees/Zealots the Player must have in Play in order to Play the card.  (That's too many Plays, I'll have to think about wording with that).  So in order to Play Resurrection, the Player must have 3 Devotees/Zealots in Play.

The final card is the Vortex card, which has its own separate pile, which is why I decided to flip it sideways to indicate clearly that it does not go in your hand.  Vortexes show who goes first during the Rogation and Crusade phases (from left to right), and explain any additional rules for that round.

That is all of the types of cards I have currently.  Hopefully reading the instructions now makes more sense.

2 comments:

  1. With havin so much content and articles do you
    ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation?
    My website has a lot of completely unique content I've either
    created myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my permission.
    Do you know any solutions to help protect against content from being stolen?
    I'd definitely appreciate it.

    My homepage - cheats for dc Universe online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't worry about it. I have not come across anyone using my own content anywhere else (or, the two times that I'm aware it happened, I was notified and I welcomed it, and I was given credit and a link to this blog).

      Delete