Tuesday, January 19, 2016

FissureVerse: Vermin, Wanderlust, Eclipse

Thanks to Theresa A Shultz and Olli Siponkoski for their art!

Vermin, Wanderlust
Vermin and Wanderlust.  Click to see big!
I'd been looking for more big scary creatures for the Noise, and this one was so big it can't even fit in the picture space. Now that I think about it, the Noise as a faction doesn't just represent its bloodthirsty religion, but includes all viciously instinctual creatures. I would doubt this sandworm would think of itself as religious, if it can even think.

With Wanderlust, the flavor text seemed naturally to be “Not all who wander are lost ~Tolkien” but I decided it would be too obvious. Instead, I decided to try to reach for something that captured the theme of FissureVerse itself more.

Eclipse
Eclipse also gets a refresh.
I decided I needed to replace the art from Eclipse because the previous artist seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth. They deleted their DeviantArt page, so I could no longer provide a link to their work, and nothing turned up when I searched their username.*

This game will take ages to complete, so it probably wouldn't be worth it to go replacing art every time an artist disappears (thankfully it's only happened this once so far), but if it happens and I happen to find great replacement art, like this time, I'll pop the new art in.

*Edit: Somehow Esherymack (the original artist for Eclipse) has reappeared. I'm going to have to see about fixing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment