Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dominion: After Dark Part 10 - More Suggested Sets

Five more suggested sets, most of them trying to be a little more well-rounded, though some are attack-heavy as is sometimes necessary to make good use of particular cards.  Combining these suggested sets with the previous ones uses all the cards in my expansion about evenly, as well.

Using Dominion: Intrigue:
Cruel Days: Minion, Pawn, Secret Chamber, Swindler, Torturer / Chaplain, Dark Forest, Funeral Home, Ghost Town, Hanging Tree

This one is attack-heavy, but using Intrigue's attacks instead of After Dark's.  I did this in particular so Dark Forest could be utilized well in this set.

Using Dominion: Seaside:
Sailors Take Warning: Embargo, Fishing Village, Lookout, Sea Hag, Warehouse / Banshee, Dark Forest, Folklorist, Hideaway, Seance

This one only offers one attack (Sea Hag), but uses Dark Forest again, so players who want to use it will probably go for an Apparition strategy here.

Using Dominion: Prosperity:
Pound Foolish:  City, Counting House, Mountebank, Peddler, Trade Route / Con Man, Goblin, Knocker, Physician, Wendigo

This one is a high money affair, and uses Charms without Curses, to bring Charms' other uses to the front.

Using Dominion: Hinterlands:
Ill Tidings:  Ill-Gotten Gains, Inn, Margrave, Oracle, Stables / Angry Mob, Blood Pact, Campfire, Graveyard, Zombie

Not sure what I was thinking on this one; attack-heavy, but only a couple of Curse-giving attacks.  I think here I was trying to come up with a decent place for Campfire.  As much as I like Campfire, trying to come up with good sets that work well with it is tough, so I may rethink it to make it more universally useful.

Using Dominion: Dark Ages:
Darkness Falls: Altar, Bandit Camp, Hermit, Scavenger, Vagrant / Chaplain, Hunchback, Funeral Home, Voodoo Queen, Werewolf

This one is meant to be more of a well-rounded set, I think.  It's got a few attacks, but also a few money-givers, as well.

Once again, try them out, see if they're any good, let me know what you do and don't like about them, and I'll take them into consideration when I revise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment