Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New Feature: Web Comic

Yeah, so while I was working on the HeroQuest mod last month, I also began a "webcomicbook".  I figure what I can do this month is post the first ten pages (which is what I have so far).

So my schedule this month will change to three days a week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

If the webcomic is successful, I'll try to continue it at that pace.  Right now I've kind of hit a block and I'm looking for feedback on it, so I can get back in the groove of working on it.  Getting sick recently set me behind; I was hoping to have more pages done, but it got dropped to recover.  Hopefully I can get back in the groove of it and have more than ten pages.

Oh, right, what's it about?  Well, of course it's videogame-related, to be on this blog, but it's setting is neither the "real world" nor is it specific to any one videogame.  I basically created a videogame universe, and the characters are my own creation.  There are references to other games, and lots of hidden jokes.

So it's about a robot named Retro who is from the early 80's and gets zapped into the present time by some cosmic glitch, and he meets his successors, Captain Nu and the Hexmen.  They go on adventures defeating the evil Klocks and searching for another cosmic glitch to get Retro back home.  I am currently thinking of calling it "The Glitchers," since it is very much the sort of thing I had planned for the story series I wanted to do.  It's the spirit of the stories, but funny.

Of course, I am no artist, so I decided to use my bad art skills to my advantage and make jokes using the art itself, as well as the format of a comic (half the jokes are meta, which I am surprised myself that I did that).

See page one starting Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment