Wednesday, September 6, 2017

FissureVerse: 7 more cards, and the other back

Seven more cards, plus the back for cards in the players' decks.

Nightcaps & Academic
Click, or something.
On the one hand, I question the usefulness of a card like Nightcaps. On the other hand, I don't want everything to be average and homogeneous. Maybe a clever player will find a great use for it. When a Frenzy is applied to any card, I should think, the stats are always up in the air.

Speaking of Frenzies, I'm considering adding some sort of “spy” mechanic so a player can reveal the Frenzy of another player without Crusading and risking anything. Maybe.

Academic gets its Endurance stat changed from -1 to +0 for consistency with similar cards.

Aetherworld & Haven

Aetherworld is another Location where the simple special rules (Crusaders gets +1 Endurance) would do well elsewhere, so I'll consider where else I can put it (though likely not a Spiker).

Player Back& Burial Rites

Promised I would get to player deck backs. Similar to Location Backs, but of course without the icon, rotated, and with different art (same artist). I also decided to add my name to the back of the card, as well as the Location card backs (because vanity).

Burial Rites gets a major overhaul. Firstly, I changed it so you can play it when any Crusader is killed, not just your own, so it's easier to play. The old text used to say that players can't Frenzy “Until the end of the Round, or your next Turn, whichever comes last.” Well, the Round would now end immediately, since a Location card gets flipped only when a Crusader is killed, and it's possible that the player who plays Burial Rites might be first in Turn Order on the next card, so it accomplishes nothing. Now, it affects the entire next Round. I also mentioned that you play it after a Crusader is killed but before a Location card is flipped, because if you were to hand on to it til after the Location card is revealed, it might not be a Rogation at all, but a Spiker, and if it's the fifth Spiker, you wouldn't be able to play it at all. Lastly, I made it a Spiker requirement of 0-4, to say that there's no time for Burial Rites the further down the Spiker hole we go.

Abyss of Emptiness & Carnival

Carnival simply gets its flavor text changed, so it's more devious, less flippant. But as I work out the nature of Spikers, I'm considering making a few current Locations into Spikers, and replacing the locations with some other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment