Thursday, March 28, 2019

Ruin of Seffala – White Followthrough Combat Tricks

Combat tricks are tricky beasts. These Followthrough shenanigans on combat tricks must usually be thought of as bonuses that overpower the opponent's own combat trick. But when they work, they can lead to blowouts.

Gift for the Faithful Hold Fast, Transcendent Intervention, Trained Instincts
Only one of these even vaguely captures the feel of white on this plane. Breaking the bounds of references is hard!
Well, excusing Gift for the Faithful, where the Followthrough bonus is not particularly game-breaking. Hey, not all of them can be amazing.

I don't have much to say about these, since they're just combat tricks. I think with these, since they are played in combat and can end in life or death (of your creatures, primarily), you'd want to play these more conservatively, like don't rush your creatures into battle expecting to turn First Strike on with Trained Instincts.

On the plus side, as I work on the art, I find it gets a little better each day, and it's mostly because I'm discovering tools and taking more time on a piece. Gift for the Faithful I probably just threw together (spending more time figuring out what I wanted the picture to be than drawing it), while I spent much more time on Trained Instincts. I hope my art skills grow day by day, so maybe when I'm done with this set, I'll be nicely bad, instead of terrible. Improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment