Friday, June 29, 2012

Dev logs ahoy!

I figure now is as good a time as any to post my monthly update.

So I'll be continuing to post Vortex cards next month, but I will also be getting back into the January Engine (finally).  I've been modifying the concept radically.  At first, it was more of a test to see if I could code a card-based RPG system, but it wasn't particularly innovative or interesting to me, so the design part of my brain put up a fight.

Krang is the best image I could find for that metaphor.  If you find a better one, post a link in the comments. 
So now I've been writing a lot down and have found a new direction to go in, and I just need to work out a few kinks before I'm ready to code again.  If I don't start coding again next month, I'll start posting "Week 5.1" etc. to give a design-side explanation of what's happening, even if I have nothing new to play.

I'm also shifting my posting schedule from Tuesday-Friday to Tuesday-Thursday (which I think is back the way it once was), just because I often have too much going on on Fridays to allow me to concentrate on a post.  We'll see if that works.  If I forget to post on Thursday, I'll post on Friday, but hopefully that won't happen too often.

No comments:

Post a Comment